Jr. Referee Co-Chair
|Jr. Scorer Chair
Jr. Referee Co-Chair
Gateway Officials Rating Dates set!
January 22, 2017 - Provisional Officials Ratings at SWIC
January 29, 2017 - Regionals Officials Ratings at SWIC
Gateway Referee Chair Augie Werner Honored by USAV
For his work and dedication to USA Volleyball, our Region's Referee Chair, Augie Werner was choosen as the receipient of the USAV Regional Referee Chair of the Year 2016 Award. Congratulations for the recognition of all your hard work!
USAV Beach Officials - Certification Process available!
Please click here for the nationwide clinic schedule!
Questions or concerns send to: Augie Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org
USAV Rule Change Immediate Implementation for for the 2015-16 Season
Libero Jersey Rule implementation that immediately impacts both Adult and Junior Participants
- 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- Provisional I certification expiration is extended until December 31st provided that the 2017 clinic module requirements have been completed 7 days prior to refereeing after October 31st
- 2015-2017 USAV Domestic Competition Regulations (DCR)
- 2014-2015 USAV/NFHS/NCAA Rules Comparison (Awating 2015-16 update from PAVO)
- 2015-2016 New USAV Rules and interpretations: Powerpoint with voice-over
- 2016 Gateway Region Rule Modifications
- USAV Online Referee and Scorer Clinics
All Officials Training Modules in webpoint are available!
Login to Webpoint, and click on Region Clinics, then click on Region Ref/Score clinics. These online modules include all levels of re-certification for Referees and Scorekeepers, as well as Junior Clinicians teaching Junior Clubs. Junior Clinician materials include required testing materials for Junior players/officials.
Please note new for 2016 season: After September 21st, You may sign up for officials re-certifications after logging on to Webpoint, then clicking "region clinics", then clicking "region ref/score clinics." Once logged onto Webpoint, you will also be able to Login to USAV Academy via a large red button located at the bottom of the screen. This will take you to the coursework you signed up for.
NOTE: Users of Safari or Google Chrome have reported having difficulties completing online coursework. Tablet users or those on highly secure networks (school, bank, hospital) have also reported difficulties completing or navigating the online videos. Users with exceptionally strong pop-up blockers or security firewalls have also experienced difficulties. It is recommended that users access webpoint/USAV Academy from a computer or laptop and use Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
Referee Rating Sessions announced:
Provisional Referee Ratings session on January 2, 2016 at SWIC IM Gym in Belleville, IL
Regional Referee Ratings session on January 3, 2016 at Lafayette HS in Wildwood, MO
The fee for a rating session is $50 per official. Contact Melissa Pouyer to reserve your timeslot.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- New 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 220.127.116.11
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (email@example.com) or at 314-849-1221.