Boys Regional Tournament Schedules for February 19 - Posted!
Gateway Tournament Registrations - Open!
- For Boys 15s-18s Regional Championship Registration Information, click here
- For the Gateway Girls Festival Registration Information U12, U13, U14, U16 & U18s, click here
- For Gateway Girls 18s Bid Event Online Registration on AES click here (Tournament Registration completed online through AES - Entry Fees mailed to Region office Attn: Randi Tyler, 10075 Bauer Rd, St. Louis, MO 63128)
- For Gateway Girls 12-17s Bid Event Online Registration on AES click here (Tournament Registration opens March 1, 2017)
CAP I, CAP II, and Beach Impact coming to St. Louis!
The Gateway Region is excited to announce CAP I and II are returning to St. Louis on Saturday and Sunday May 20 and May 21, 2017 (at Visitation Academy 3020 North Ballas Rd, St. Louis, MO 63131). Registration and Cadre information may be found here! For new coaches who are seeking to grow their knowledge, or veteran coaches who are looking to revive their skills, don't let this opportunity pass you by!
The Gateway Region is also excited to announce that a Beach IMPACT clinic is scheduled for Friday May 19, 2017 also at Visatation Academy, preceeding the CAP Clinics. With the growing popularity of this discipline, be among the first to develop this side of the sport in your area!
What could be better than spending 3 days amongst fellow coaching peers talking shop about the sport we love? Well, The Gateway Region has been blessed with the great fortune of getting one of the great mentors and leaders in our sport to guide this educational experience - John Kessel. Click here for his very impressive bio! Registration and exact clinic time (tentatively Friday evening) for Beach IMPACT will be made available soon! Click here for the Beach Impact Registration Form!
Save The Date! - Spikin' It Dates Announced
Come join the VB Community at Kirkwood Fields on Saturday and Sunday July 15 and 16, 2017. Mens, Womens, Coed! 2's, 4's, 6's!
Senior Olympics - Calling all athletes and volunteers!
The St. Louis Senior Olympics, the regional competition for athletes aged 50 and older, is actively seeking applications for athletes to participate in more than 90 individual and team events over Memorial Day Weekend, May 25 – 30, 2017.
From basketball to bocce; soccer, softball and shuffleboard; to tap dancing, tennis and track – the Senior Olympics engage more than 1,100 athletes and hundreds of volunteers at more than a dozen different venues across the St. Louis area. The events are open to everyone. Athletes must be at least 50 years old, but there is no maximum age! Registration packets for will be available March 15th and the registration deadline is May 8th. You can take advantage of the “Early Bird Special” if you register by April 17th. The packets include registration for athletes and volunteers.If you have any questions please contact Justin Bange at firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-442-3216. We look forward to seeing you at the St. Louis Senior Olympics!
2016-17 USAV Club Travel Policy Requirement
As per motion 12, copied below, clubs will be required to have a travel policy in place if they attend either the Boys’ or Girls’ 2017 Junior National Championships.
RVAA Motion 12 (SafeSport Committee Motion): For the 2017 Jr National Championships, Clubs will be required to have a travel policy. The required travel policy could be the default USAV travel policy, the use of a chaperone as in the past, or a club customized travel policy. Motion carries RVAA
The procedure that will be implemented at the JNC team check-in will be explained in the Pre-tournament Manuals that will be made available by USAV in the near Future. It is strongly recommended that Club Directors refer to their Safesport Manual and this Sample Travel Policy as a starting point to developing their own club policy. In addition to a Travel Policy, Safesport is recommending that clubs develop an Electronic Communications Policy as well. Refer to the website (https://www.volleyballreftraining.com/SafeSport/regions.php) or see Attached Sample Policy
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2016-2017 Registration season opens Sept 1, 2016. - Please note: Junior Memberships may NOT be paid online.
Safesport CertificationAll Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults involved with any junior programming before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). To Take the training:
- CLICK this link https://training.teamusa.org/store/details/1
- CLICK “Add to Bag”
- CLICK “Checkout” (there is no charge)
- Follow the on-screen instructions for registering and completing the training. If you have never created a log in for this site click REGISTER.
- If registering for the first time, be sure to “+Add Membership” and select USA Volleyball and enter your current USAV Membership Number. (NOTE: If you don’t have your Membership Number, you may enter your club affiliation.)
Nominations for the 2017 Serve Awards are now being accepted!
Nominations for the 2017 Service Awards are now being accepted.
Please consult the Guidebook for more information. http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/About-Us/Guidebook Section 3.
- Outstanding Program Director
- Outstanding Female Coach
- Outstanding Male Coach
- Outstanding Parent
- Outstanding Clinician
- Outstanding Service This category is reserved for those people who are not eligible for any other of the other classifications.
- Outstanding Referee
- Outstanding Scorer
Winter Playing Opportunities!
- For Junior and Adult players of all levels and ages, Click here for playing leagues and open play around the St. Louis Metro Area.
- For Youth and Junior players looking for camp and clinic opportunities, Click here!
- For Families new to organized volleyball for their son/daughter, you can begin by clicking here to access our parents page, or clicking here for a list of junior clubs in our region, and their profiles.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2016-17 Season
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- All Gateway Region Junior Coaches and Officials (referees and scorers) are to complete SafeSport by October 1, 2017. HOWEVER, During the 2016-17 season, USAV is requiring that SafeSport certification be completed by all registered adults before participation in nationally sanctioned junior events will be permitted (Qualifiers, JNCs). Additionally, Gateway Region recommends that all parents of junior participants watch SafeSport.
- The Girls 18 American Division has been moved to Spring GJNC event. The Region's U18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 11-12, 2017. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
RVAA Motion 12 (SafeSport Committee Motion): For the 2017 Jr National Championships, Clubs will be required to have a travel policy. The required travel policy could be the default USAV travel policy, the use of a chaperone as in the past, or a club customized travel policy. Motion carries RVAA. The procedure that will be implemented at the JNC team check-in will be explained in the Pre-tournament Manuals that will be posted on the USAV website in December.
Policies related to Junior Tournaments
- The 2017 Gateway Girls Bid Event will be hosted through AES.
- The Gateway Region Girls Bid Event will remain a double elimination Tournament. If an age division has 16 or fewer teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 1 day. If an age division has 17 or more teams registered online by the AES deadline, the age division tournament will be completed in 2 days. The Top 10 seeds based on Region Ranking will receive a bye the first day of competition. The remaining seeds will compete on the first day of competition to determine seeds #11 and #12 who will have earned the right to continue competition the 2nd day. The 2nd day of competition will see the completion of a 12 team double elimination bracket to determine bid winners.
2016-2017 Season Official Notes - Additional Notes will be added as they become available
- 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- Provisional I certification expiration is extended until December 31st provided that the 2017 clinic module requirements have been completed 7 days prior to refereeing after October 31st
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2017 forms.
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (email@example.com) or at 314-849-1221.
Policies specific to the Adults Program
Season defined as Sept 1 thru Adult Nationals. (No Friendship Season).
- Everyone must be a member.
- All registrations must be done online in Webpoint. (No hard copy forms on site).
- One One-day membership will be offered; $10. After that, a player must Upgrade to a Full Member (additional $40).
- Collegiate Club membership option will be offered; $15 valid for entire GW season, not valid for nationals. (must be a member of a Collegiate Club team).
- Region will post an alphabetical list of registered adults weekly, target update time is Friday by noon.
- Report to include first name, last name, level of play and membership #.
- Teams must submit a tournament roster to the tournament director prior to the start of the event.
- Tournament director is responsible to verify membership of all participants.
- Proof of membership for those not on the membership report posted on the GW website can be verified on site by showing Webpoint member status on phone.
- Junior members playing must be registered by noon on Friday before their first tournament. Proof of membership can be verified by tournament director on site by Webpoint membership status on phone.
- Junior teams must follow all requirements for participation in a junior event. Guidelines are listed in the Junior Handbook, i.e. teams must register with the region 10 days prior to their first sanctioned event.
- Teams may submit a Team Registration Form to the office to register a team, however, this is not a requirement except for any team attending Nationals. If a team chooses to register a team, they can still pick up registered players from other clubs/teams and add them to their tournament roster. For individual players who are not included on a Team Registration Form (specific club and team) webpoint will include a Gateway Men’s and Gateway Women’s Club for players to choose at the time of registration. (Teams may form for single tournaments).
- Tournament division levels to sanction: Open, A, BB, B; high/low playoff formats are optional.
Individual / Team Level of play
- Adult player reps will assign and monitor individual levels of play.
- Teams are allowed to have a maximum of 2 players from one level higher on a tournament roster.
- Teams must provide capable officials.
- USAV scoresheet will be used.
- Matching uniforms are not required.
- It is recommended that the Libero jersey should be a contrasting color.
- Unique uniform numbers are required on both the front and back; taping numbers is allowed.
- Teams must submit a Team Registration Form to GW Office in order to register a club/team; AES requires a club code for entry.
- Rosters must be approved by appropriate Player Rep Committee.