St. Louis Native Son selected to USA Mens Olympic Volleyball Team!
Congratulations to Murphy Troy, a St. Louis Native, for being selected to Represent Team USA in Rio this Summer, as a member of the US Men's Olympic Volleyball Team. Murphy, a 2007 St. Louis University HS Grad, Attended the University of Southern California where he was a 4 year starter from 2008-2011. Read the full announcement here: http://bit.ly/62116MNT
Gateway Region Board - Open Voting for At-Large Directors
July 10, 2016 is the deadline to submit the Ballot with your vote(s). Click here for the 2016 Ballot. The candidates and their resumes are listed on the ballot. There are 3 seats up for re-election (each is a 3 year term), as well as a 2 year term that was vacated. Please send all completed ballots to Melissa Pouyer at email@example.com
Gateway Region Spikin-It - Outdoor Grass Tournament Registration Open!
Gateway Region is bringing back the Summer Outdoor 2's, 4's, Mens, Women's, Co-ed Grass Tournament to the Kirkwood Fields on Saturday and Sunday July 16 and 17, 2016. The Fields are just east of the Kirkwood Athletic Association Baseball diamonds. Goto our Spikin-It page for more information as it becomes available. Registration is now open!
Summer Playing Opportunities!
- For Junior and Adult players of all levels and ages, Click here for playing leagues and open play around the St. Louis Metro Area.
- For Youth and Junior players looking for summer camp opportunities, Click here!
- For Junior players who have fallen in love with Sand Doubles, and want more doubles tourney opportunities, Click here!
- For Families new to organized volleyball for their son/daughter, you can begin by clicking here to access our parents page, or clicking here for a list of junior clubs in our region.
Gateway Referee Chair Augie Werner Honored by USAV
For his work and dedication to USA Volleyball, our Region's Referee Chair, Augie Werner was choosen as the receipient of the 2016 USAV Regional Referee Chair of the Year Award. Congratulations for the recognition of all your hard work!
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2015-2016 Registration season opened Sept 1, 2015 - The 2016-2017 Registration season will open Sept 1, 2016.
USAV Junior Beach Tour: The Inaugural 2016 Gateway Open
The Gateway Region hosted a USAV Sand Doubles National Qualifying Tournament for Junior Players over the Memorial Holiday Weekend! Regardless of the Holiday Weekend, this Inaugural Gateway Open Beach Qualifier was filled to capacity, with over 80 junior boys and girls teams over 2 days in glorious sunny 80 degree weather.
Our Region is looking to host the event again next Spring/Summer, and may be bringing additional tour events to the St. Louis Area! Inagural Gateway Open event results will be posted once final results are verified by USAV Beach. Info and results may be found by clicking here!
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
- E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
- Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
- If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
- Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- New 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 22.214.171.124
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 314-849-1221.