USAV Junior Beach Tour: The Inaugural 2016 Gateway Open
The Gateway Region is hosting a USAV Sand Doubles National Qualifying Tournament for Junior Players! Come be a part of this growing sport! Event information and updated opening pools may be found by clicking here!
Event Registration may be found by clicking here! - The event has reached capacity! - No "walk-on" teams will be accepted.
Gateway Referee Chair Augie Werner Honored by USAV
For his work and dedication to USA Volleyball, our Region's Referee Chair, Augie Werner was choosen as the receipient of the 2016 USAV Regional Referee Chair of the Year Award. Congratulations for the recognition of all your hard work!
Gateway Region Spikin-It - Outdoor Grass Tournament!
Gateway Region is bringing back the Summer Outdoor 2's, 4's, Mens, Women's, Co-ed Grass Tournament to the Kirkwood Fields on Saturday and Sunday July 16 and 17, 2016. The Fields are just east of the Kirkwood Athletic Association Baseball diamonds. Goto our Spikin-It page for more information as it becomes available. Registration will open May 31, 2016.
Gateway Region Board - At-Large Nominations
May 20, 2016 is the deadline to make nominations for At-Large Representatives for the Gateway Region Board. Nominees will need to turn in a profile to the office by May 31, 2016. A Ballot with all Nominees and their profiles will be sent to membership on June 20, 2016. Membership will have until July 10, 2016 to vote. There are 3 seats up for re-election (each is a 3 year term), as well as a 2 year term that was vacated. Please send all Nominations and Profiles to Steve Mueth at email@example.com.
Webpoint Registration - Membership access-renew-Apply
The 2015-2016 Registration season opens September 1, 2015
Summer Playing Opportunities!
For Junior and Adult players of all levels and ages, Click here for playing leagues and open play around the St. Louis Metro Area. For Youth and Junior players looking for summer camp opportunities, Click here! For Families new to organized volleyball for their son/daughter, you can begin by clicking here to access our parents page, or clicking here for a list of junior clubs in our region.
USAV High Performance Beach Tryouts!
Test your skills among the best beach players in the midwest as athletes are considered for spots in the USAV beach VB training pipeline. 2016 Tryouts will take place May 14, 2016 in Des Moines, Iowa. For more information, click here!
Nominations for the 2016 Service Awards are now being Accepted!
Please consult the 2015 Guidebook for more information. http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/About-Us/Guidebook Section 1.
- Outstanding Program Director
- Outstanding Female Coach
- Outstanding Male Coach
- Outstanding Parent
- Outstanding Clinician
- Outstanding Service This category is reserved for those people who are not eligible for any other of the other classifications.
- Outstanding Referee
- Outstanding Scorer
Attached here you may find information and the official nomination form.
Gateway Policy Changes for the 2015-16 Season
Policies that impact both Adult and Junior Participants
- E-cigs and Vapor Cigarettes are considered tobacco products. Parents and/or Players must abide by facility or event rules with tobacco restrictions.
Policies specific to the Juniors Program
- Club Directors must become Safesport certified before their Club's tryouts may be sanctioned
- Due to the change in timeframe for U18s Girls Junior National Championships, The 18's bid event will take place the weekend of March 12-13, 2016. All U18's bids will be awarded at this event.
- Seeding Tournaments will not be offered in the 2015/2016 season.
- In the event that a team has less than 6 committed players by 8am the Friday immediately following tryouts, the commitment letter, if signed, will be voided and those players released to find another team.
Policies related to Tournaments
- If a Tournament Director sanctions a tournament and the entry fee reflects the provision of 1st officials, teams may expect that 1st officials will be provided throughout that tournament. If a team is without a paid 1st official, the Tournament Director shall refund the difference between the entry fee and the maximum fee of $100 to each team affected. Refunds will be postmarked within 14 days from the event.
- Refunds to teams/clubs for cancelled tournaments or absent officials will be issued and postmarked within 14 days of cancellation or the event.
2015-2016 Season Official Notes
- New 19.2 rule in 2015-2017 DCR: A motion was made and passed as of 2/25/16 to change the wording of USAV Rule 19.2 to read as: “The Libero(s) must wear a uniform which clearly contrasts with the rest of the team.” A second motion was passed that made the implementation of the new rule immediate. The new rule replaces the "Solid Color Jersey" rule.
- NET CHANGES—review DCR FIVB 11.3.1. Contact with the net by a player between the antennae during the action of playing the ball is a FAULT this season.
- Coaches are no longer required to sign scoresheets. DCR USAV 5.1.3 and 220.127.116.11
- Libero can now be Captain. DCR USAV 5.
- Unused points on the Scoresheet are now zero'd out with a "T-Bar" instead of an "Hourglass" at regional level competitions.
- Goto volleyballreftraining.com and roll over the resources tab to click on "indoor scoring materials" for the 2016 forms. PDF's of the new scoresheets may also be found on our Tourney Forms page, under the publications tab
If you have further questions or need clarification of officiating items, please contact Melissa Pouyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at 314-849-1221.